The plastic woven fabric industry being manpower-intensive faces challenges in terms of trained manpower to maintain its growth, quality standards, and productivity. The Technical Training Centre is a unique initiative taken up by Lohia Corp Limited to develop skilled manpower specifically for the Raffia industry.
In 2012, the Training & Research Centre (TTRC) was established as an independent division of the Lohia group, with objectives blended with CSR commitment to impart skills for employment generation & develop skilled manpower. It is recognized as a Vocational Training Provider (VTP) under the SDI scheme of DGET, Govt. of India and has MoU with CIPET to facilitate training. Now it is also a part of the International Skill Center and has successfully placed supervisors & operators in 9 countries.
- First Technical Training & Support Centre for Raffia Industry in India, with a systematic approach to creating a pool of trained & knowledge manpower.
- Signed MoU with CIPET and Govt. Polytechnic colleges to facilitate training.
- Vocational Training model (70% practical & 30% theory)
- Industry exposure to trainees as “pre-employment cum induction training”.
- State-of-the-art infrastructure with well-equipped testing & quality laboratory for plastic processing & weaving technology.
- Industry participation in the evaluation process.
- The residential facility at TTRC Campus.
- Experienced trainers with relevant skill-sets.
- Residential campus with essential amenities.
- Library with a good collection of reference materials & books on various programs offered.
- TTRC’s lab is NABL (National Accreditation Board for Testing and calibration Laboratories)accredited making it one of the most trusted names in testing and quality control for the raffia industry.
- Under NSDC developed qualification packs for Textile Sector Skill Council (TSC) & apprenticeship models also to benefit Raffia industries under NAPS coordinated through Textile Sector Skill Council.